Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Machine of Death

Based on rankings, it looks like the next book we will be reading is Machine of Death - Ryan North, Matthew Bennardo, David Malki.

The book is 464 pages, now we need to decide if we want to speed through it in 2 weeks and have our discussion the weekend of January 7, or take an extra week and conclude the book the weekend of January 14.

Our official start date for this book is December 24, that gives a few days to go out and get a copy of the book from the library or the book store, or to stay in and order it from Amazon.

As you all get your copy of the books this week, let me know in the comment section of this post how you feel in regards to the speed at which we read. Because some people are only able to participate in the reading while on vacation, I want to get through this first book quickly. If we feel rushed at the end of this book we'll take more time on the next book.

On Decemeber 24 I will announce the time and date of our discussion based on the feedback already received, and any additional time and date feedback received between now and then.

Looking forward to the new book.

3 comments:

  1. Yay, this will be great. I'll be doing human rights research in Jamaica during the second week of January, so I'm unavailable for a chat between January 7-15. How about January 16th or 17th? That would give us about three weeks to read the book, which comes out to around 20 pages per day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't respond earlier, limited internet access, but I would like to read for fun again. I am okay with doing it later. I may not be able to make it to the actual conversation but it will get me reading again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! i TOTALLY missed that we picked this. but ok! i will try to read as much as possible in the next two weeks!!

    ReplyDelete