Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Help Book Chat And Our Next Book Is...?

Last minute reminder, our book chat for The Help will be this evening at 6 PM PST. I have added a link to our chat room on the right hand toolbar for easy access.

The Help movie chat is tentatively set for next weekend. Let me know when people are available.

***UPDATE: Movie chat is scheduled to begin at 4PM PST, Sunday May 5th (aka Cinco de Mayo). The movie is about 2.5 hours, so we are starting promptly at 4PM. Make sure you get your hands on a copy in time to join the party!

NEXT BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT: Based on some discussion with others, and because I really want to read this next book and see the new movie, I have decided to pick our next book rather than have us vote. Our next book is The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. The new movie comes out May 10, 2013, but I am anticipating a Memorial Day weekend-ish chat (late May). Due to our varied locations, a chat while we view the film is not feasible (although those near each other should definitely arrange a movie date), so I think we will probably just have one chat. Let me know how your late May looks in the comments and we can arrange a date to chat about the book and new film adaptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment